Every land is rich in its traditions, its culture, which can be traced back by folk art, reflecting its life, beliefs and ideals.
Taking part in the international competition "People of the World", you will be able not only to demonstrate the culture and wisdom of the people you region, but also to explore folk art of other countries, which originated in ancient times. Folklore is not just folk wisdom, it is also a manifestation of the people's souls and their self-awareness.
Our goal is to unite the participants of the festival and to get to know different cultures through their dances, music, songs and folk costumes.
The main idea of the festival-competition is to unite folkloric, national and artistic groups from around the world for close communication and presentation of their traditional culture, familiarity with other national cultures, international future cooperation and of course tolerance education of participants and spectators.
Organizers of the competition
Company "Monolit Festivals" S.A. (Spain), with support of the City Halls of Lloret de Mar and Malgrat de Mar, together with other cultural institutions, legal entities and individuals that support the goals and ideas of the festival.PURPOSE AND PRIMARY GOALS OF FESTIVAL
◦ Revival, preservation and development of national cultures.
◦ Acquaintance with the best creative associations, establishment of contacts between collectives, an exchange of an operational experience
◦ Identification and promotion of new names performing traditional Folk music, dance and songs
◦ Support and development of youthful creativity.
◦ Presentation of folk art of your country abroadCOMPETITION PERFORMERS
Creative folkloric collectives and separate executors without age restrictions can perform.
◦ Vocalists (ensembles and soloists)
◦ Traditional Folk Choirs
◦ Instrumental music (Ensembles and Soloists)
◦ Dancers (Ensembles and Soloists)
◦ Theatrical collectives
◦ Mixtures of music and dance collectivesAGE CATEGORIES
◦ till 9 years
◦ 10 – 14 years
◦ 15 – 20 years
◦ from 21 yearsCONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION IN FESTIVAL
For the competition, the participants must prepare two acts or compositions.
The length of the performance: Soloists - no more than 2 min; Groups - no more than 4 minutes each.
Participants should send necessary background music of the performance to our email: [email protected]
and at the organisational meeting must provide high quality background music for the performances on a CD or memory stick.
The Organising Committee reserves the right to use and distribute audios, recordings, prints and other sorts of production produced during the competition period.
The group leaders bear full responsibility for the members of the group during the festival and free time.PRIZES AND AWARDS OF THE FESTIVAL
All participants of the competition are awarded with international diplomas.
The participants of the competition are given the following title:
◦ Grand Prix possessor
◦ 1st degree winner
◦ 2nd degree winner
◦ 3rd degree winner
◦ Award winner
◦ Participant of the competition
Winners of the competition are awarded with corresponding certificates, confirming the title. All participants will be awarded with diplomas of international standard. Leaders and supporters of the participants will be awarded official Thank you letters from the Festival Organising Committee. Sponsors have the right to set up additional prizes and awards independently from the rewarding jury.
According to the results of the competition, the winners of the Grand Prix will be defined (from all nominations).
The score rating system means that regardless of the number of participants in any category, each of them will be evaluated by the jury on the quality of his performance, without comparing one with the other participants.
In the absence of worthy contenders for the Grand Prix or other prizes, those will simply not not be awarded.
Since it is a score evaluation system, according to the results of the competition day, prizes may be duplicated.
The jury's decision is final and can not be changed.FESTIVAL JURY
The organisational committee of the competition chooses the members of the international jury.
The jury rates the performances of the competition by voting secretly on a scale of one to ten.
The main evaluation criteria judges on the executive level and skill.EVALUATION CRITERIA
• Performance skills
• Stage presence and technicality
• Compositional structure of performance
• Artistry, disclosure of the artistic image, scenic culture
• Level of difficulty of executive performance (dynamics, emotions)
• Compliance with the performance capabilities of the repertoire and artists age category
• Artistry, facial expressions, disclosure of the artistic image
• Creative individuality (for soloists)
• Originality of the performancePRELIMINARY PROGRAM
◦ DAY 1 – Arrival in Barcelona. Transfer to Costa Brava, where the Festival will be conducted. Accommodation in hotel, relax and depending on the arrival time, meeting with festival organisers, getting to know the festival program and presentation of the excursion program.
◦ DAY 2 – Breakfast. Rehearsal. In the evening – Festival opening/ Competition day.
◦ DAY 3 – Breakfast. Excursion to beautiful and historical capital of Catalonia - Barcelona (for additional payment). Dinner.
◦ DAY 4 – Breakfast. Excursion to the sacred Monastery Montserrat (a unique natural reserve, the most important religious center of Catalonia - for additional payment). For those wishing to know more about the culture of Spain, there is an opportunity to visit the flamenco show Casino Costa Brava, where you will fully enjoy the famous Spanish guitarist Diego Cortez and witness the execution of the famous flamenco dancer Jose Leon and his group.
◦ DAY 5 – Breakfast. Rehearsal. Free time. Gala Concert.
◦ DAY 6 – Breakfast. Departure (Room Check-out till 10am). Transfer to airport.
*The program can be changed.
*All excursions on request and for an additional payment.COSTS
◦ 190 euro/ person/ triple or quadruple room – additional day: 30euro/ person
◦ 215 euro/ person/ double room – additional day: 35euro/ person
◦ 260 euro/ person/ single room – additional day: 45euro/ person
Groups of 25 persons: One group leader free of charge!ADDITIONAL PAYMENT FOR PARTICIPANTS:
◦ Solists: 50€
◦ Duets, small groups (3-5 people): 20€/person
◦ Participation in additional category – 10€/personALL PARTICIPANTS AND GUESTS WILL BE PROVIDED WITH:
• Stay in a 3 stars hotel in double-, triple- or quarter rooms. The hotel is located 60 km from Barcelona Airport and 35 km from Girona Airport. It is located in the city centre, 800 meters from a beach
• 3x food service per day (Buffet. Drinks can be ordered for an additional payment).
• Prizes and gifts
• International Diplomas
• Diplomas and gifts from the city
• An official invitation
• Groups of 25 persons: One group leader free of charge!
• Opportunity to visit the best places in Costa Brava (a big spectrum of excursions is offered for an additional payment)
• Participation in welcoming evening where participants get to know each other and present their group
• Master classes possibility, additional holidays before or after the festivalAttention:
The price doesn't include tourist tax!
The tourist tax has to be paid to the hotel at the checkin.
The price is 0,50€/ person/ night. This is only for people who are 17 years old and older.ADDITIONAL PAYMENTS
◦ Medical insurance
◦ Transport charges
◦ Transfer Barcelona/ Girona Airport – hotel – Barcelona/ Girona Airport. If you wish, we can arrange a transfer for an additional payment. Participants arriving separately should pay separately
◦ Tourist Tax. 0,50€/ person/ night. Only for people who are 17 years old and older.FOR AN ADDITIONAL PAYMENT, EXCURSIONS CAN BE ORGANIZED:
-Excursion to Barcelona + musical fountains
-Excursion to the Montserrat monastery
-Knights tournament at the 18th century medieval castle
-Show Flamenco ‘Noche Espanyola’
-Theme park ‘Port Aventura’
-Excursion to Girona and famous Dali Museum